Resources to educate you on mortgages and green building.
Home Mortgage Finance
- Getting a loan can feel complicated and overwhelming, which it doesn’t need to be. Read the detailed loan process page to get up to speed on what’s going on behind the scenes.
- FHA loans are very common in today’s tight credit market. Click for a summary of FHA loans.
- Visit the Mortgage Calculator to get an idea of your monthly payments, including insurance and property taxes.
- If you’re a potential investor, get an idea of what rental properties are selling for in your target neighborhoods by visiting Zilpy.com.
- What is green building? Click for the basics of LEED and green building.
- Northwest ENERGY STAR incentives can save you money on utilities.
- The Energy Trust of Oregon also provides many incentives associated with installing green building features in homes.
- GreenMadeSimple.com also has a great search for incentives available in your local area.
- What do people mean when they say “green” anyway? Click here for a tour of an Earth Advantage-certified green home. For a detailed overview of green features, visit Earth Advantage’s special features area.